Hiya again, it's Eliis catching up on the Pre-Conference. Each day has been pretty full on with information and sessions, starting every morning with an overview of what to expect.
Our first day seemed to go on for ages, but following this each day got easier and became routine. I tried to attend the most relevant sessions for me and for the projects I’m involved in. I only wish I could have made all of them, but there were too many sessions, so I had to make a choice! Here are a few I found were particularly inspiring or just enjoyable;
- HIV and AIDS: Perfectly In Between, presented by Advocates for Youth and Youth Coalition.
- Condoms Beyond Prevention: Creating Demand and Increase Use, presented by The Condom Project.
- Evaluation and Improvement on HIV and AIDS Peer Education Projects, presented by SexpressionUK and IFMSA
- Stimulating Conversation for Change Among LGBTQ, presented by Jamaica Youth Advocacy Network and Advocates for Youth.
- Liquid Love and HIV/AIDS, Media and Communications Sub-Committee
- I Love Being A Girl, presented by IPPF
- Share, Inspire, Create: A model for youth leadership, presented by Let’s Stop Aids.
At the moment it’s just Carly and I preparing information and notes for the main conference. We can’t wait to get involved, things can only get better.
Blog to you all soon, remember “Now Make It Happen”